Surveillance cameras are now widely used in many applications, ranging from household monitoring, spying, security purposes in offices and homes, crime investigation and lots more. However, a surveillance camera can only be a surveillance camera if it can record video notes, audios as well as being able to save the recorded notes to a secure storage from which information can be easily accessed and retrieved.
Many people find it easy to go through the rigors of setting up a surveillance camera, perhaps, because it’s more of an automated camera, nevertheless, when it comes to retrieving and accessing information stored on a surveillance camera, they are really a novice.
The process of Information retrieval on a surveillance camera is not as complicated as we see in movies, not the way it is done in ‘how to get away with murder’. All surveillance cameras have a control room, but, the situation of a surveillance camera’s control room depends on its application- you do not expect to see a top-notch company’s surveillance control room at the entrance or perhaps, a household surveillance control room at the reception room, no! A control room is not just placed anywhere. There are different kind of computer software that could help retrieve information saved on you CCTV – one of the active manufacturers of the surveillance system and software being Hikvision.
A surveillance system is usually connected to a desktop where all footages are automatically stored, however, there could be some malware that can cause incessant pattern in saved footages, maybe virus, hard drive crash, some inhibiting software and lots more. Make surethe desktop connected to the CCTV is free of any sort of malware. Retrieving your information is as easy as reading through the following procedures:
- Open the CCTV desktop icon and login to the platform (using your secure username and password).
- After login, your program would display, then navigate through and click on ‘device list’- this would display the name of your CCTV.
- Double click on your device and it takes you to a screen showing a list of all cameras connected to the attached device.
- Select the camera which information is set to be retrieved and click on play back button, select date of surveillance you want to retrieve as well as select begin and end time of the surveillance you want(time should be entered in 24hr clock)
- Finally, the recorded footage at the time and date which you have selected would pop-up, enter to view and access your footage. You could also playback, pause, put to slow motion, skip or even save to an external storage by simply navigating through.
Finally, you got the exact footage that you wanted.